Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Open mouth & say.........

 Stuffed Bell Peppers
It's what's for dinner!!!

Crock-pot Style


 Final Presentation
Stuffed Pepper, Spinach Salad, & Rolls

I love love love my crock-pot!!!  It's not just for pot roast ......... thank goodness......or we might starve..... 
Generally, I will find crock-pot recipes & then tweak them

Above Recipe

Mix approx 1lb of hamburger meat with 1 envelope of Beefy Onion dried soup mix
Add 1 cup rice........I used instant rice 
Mix well.......I used my hands...........kinda gross but very effective

Next, I de-stemmed 3 peppers.....2 yellow and 1 red
Stuff peppers with meat & rice mixture

Pour a jar of spaghetti sauce over stuffed peppers 
Don't panic if you have left over meat & rice
just throw it in the bottom of the crockpot surrounding peppers & stir after pouring in spaghetti sauce

Cover crockpot with lid........set on high for at least 6hrs
Go do something fun.......folding laundry or emptying the dishwasher does not count!

No comments: