Saturday, February 1, 2014

All work & no play makes Jill a dull girl........

 Art journaling ......... it's one of those interests I discovered a year or so ago.  It stimulates my creativity.  It is something I decided I wanted to invest more time into this year upon contemplating future goals.  

You can read about my New Year's goals here which hopefully will inspire you to move toward changing what you want or making improvements (even if it's baby steps) in your life this year.   


 

 I used a a variety of distress stains for the background, coupled with some sea green dye spray I had laying around spritzed w/some burnt red Tattered Angel Mist.  I also applied a white wash of gesso to the flowers.  I had made the tag a long time ago during some experiment late one one probably during a bad Syfy marathon.  The tag has distress crackle applied to it so it has alot of texture.  

 Here is the adjoining page in which I applied the same technique of using distress stains, spraying the page with water to make them blend, added some Tattered Angel Mists, stamped a dragonfly & adhered a piece of cardboard w/a quote glued on it along w/some burlap goodness.

I didn't have a vision when I started this project.  I just got busy with it.  Just thought "let me try this" or "wonder what this will do" or "how about I add some of this or that."  No plan, no vision, just play.

Unstructured play can be very empowering :)

No comments: